Board of Directors
Board Of Director Info
Board of Directors Meeting Calendar
***All Meetings Will Be Held In The Cafeteria At 6:30PM***
October 23, 2018
January 22, 2019
March 26, 2019
May 28, 2019
Please refer to the By laws, section 3.2 and 3.3 for selection process and term process.
The Charter School will operate under the authority and governance of its Board of Directors. The membership designations and their terms shall be as follows.
Member 1 – Representative of the PTO –(to serve 2-year term)
Member 2 – Educator –(to serve 3-year term)
Member 3 – Technology Member –(to serve 3-year term)
Member 4 – Environment Member –(to serve 3-year term)
Member 5 – Parent –(to serve 3-year term)
Member 6 – Parent –(to serve 3-year term)
Member 7 – Parent –(to serve 3-year term)
Member 8 – Parent –(to serve 3-year term)
Member 9 – Parent –(to serve 3-year term)
However, the positions may be refilled by the same person in accordance with the Bylaws of the School’s Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors may, at its pleasure, elect non-voting Honorary Board Members, to recognize the value and benefit from the experience of persons who have performed extraordinary, exemplary work on behalf of the school.
- All Board members must be residents of Georgia.
- All candidates for Board of Directors shall be given an opportunity to present their qualifications and credentials to the DATE community.
- Board composition should include individuals with the requisite skills and experience to govern and give direction to a multi-million dollar educational enterprise, as well as individuals with specific experience in accounting or financial management.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Board of Directors to carry out the terms of this Charter and to create policies and guidelines necessary for the smooth operation of the School.
- The Board’s meetings and actions shall be subject to the provisions of § 50-14-1 et seq. and §50-18-70 et seq.
- The Board of Directors is expected to support, promote, and maintain the school’s mission and vision of the school.
- Public Meetings (2) On Proposed Operating Budget
- Annual Budget
- Monthly Financial Statements
- Annual Financial Audit
- Board And Committee Meeting Agendas
- Summary Of Actions By Board
- Approved Board And Committee Meeting Minutes
- By Laws
- State Of The School Address
- Schools Financial Efficiency Rating
- DATE Executed Charter Contract
The Board shall uphold the school’s mission and vision and ensure effective organizational planning on the part of the school through an annual strategic planning and review process that will review and update the school’s short-term, mid-term, and long-range goals, and evaluate the effectiveness of the implementation of the school’s mission and plans.
The Charter School shall be subject to the governance of the Local Board as provided herein and in a manner consistent with the Charter School Act of 1998 and the Constitution of the State of Georgia. A complete explanation of its governance mechanism is contained in governance section. Day-to-day management responsibility shall be shared on-site between the Principal and Administrator. The Charter School shall utilize a Board of Directors, which shall be subject to the provisions of O.C.G.A. § 50-14-1 et seq. (Open and Public Meetings) and O.C.G.A. § 50-18-70 et seq. (Inspection of Public Records).