All online enrollment applications will be open ONLY during the stated phases.
NO paper applications will be accepted.
Phase I - Current Student Re-Enrollment (Currently Active)
JANUARY 9, 2018 – JANUARY 30, 2018
All current students are required to re-enroll annually. The re-enrollment of our current students will begin on January 9th – January 30th.
How to re-enroll:
- Goto our website: www.dateacademy.org
- Click on the PARENTS tab
- Click on the ENROLLMENT tab
- Complete the form and it will be sent to the School Registrar for review
The following fields are REQUIRED for re-enrollment
- Students’ last and first name
- Enter the 2019 -2020 grade level in the "Grade" box
- Student Number/ID
- Decline or Confirm your attendance for the 2019-20 school year
Enrollment for all Sibling Preference will begin on February 1, 2019 – February 15, 2019.
Please DO NOT attempt to enroll your NEW INCOMING SIBLING during this period.
Phase II - Sibling Preference for Current Families (Currently Not Available)
FEBRUARY 1, 2019 – FEBRUARY 15, 2019
Is anyone given preference in the enrollment process? Yes.
- Sibling of current students: based on space availability.
- Children of Staff members
- All placement of sibling will be predicated on space availability
How does D.A.T.E. define sibling for purposes of preferences?
Sibling is a person with whom a current student shares a residence, or both parents in common by blood, adoption or marriage, even if the marriage has been dissolved, or by death.
How to register a sibling:
- Goto www.dateacademy.org
- Click on PARENTS
- Click on ENROLLMENT
- On the left hand side reference the "FOLLOW THESE STEPS" section and click on the "SIBLING ENROLLMENT" OPTION.
- In the form, enter the 2019-2020 grade level in the " Grade " box
- Student Informational Forms
- Student Health Information
- Photo Release Form
- Field Trip Consent
- Needs Assessment
- Additional Forms
- Registration Checklist
6. DO NOT forget to click on the link for the " REGISTRATION CHECK LIST" and return all additional documents to the School Registrar ASAP.
*** Be aware that all placements will be based on space availability and you will be contacted when a space becomes available.
THE DEADLINE FOR SIBLING ENROLLMENT IS FEBRUARY 15, 2019
Phase III - Open Enrollment K- 8th (Currently Not Available)
FEBUARY 1, 2019 – MARCH 8, 2019
Who is considered an Applicant?
Any child that is not currently enrolled at the academy is an applicant. For your convenience, the application can be translated to over 50 languages. Before submitting your application please revert to the English revision.
Who is eligible to attend D.A.T.E. Academy?
All Dekalb County residents are eligible to attend.
What grade levels are offered at D.A.T.E. Academy?
Kindergarten through 8th grade.
What are the age requirements for attendance?
- Students entering Kindergarten must be (5) years old on or before September 1.
- First Grade students must be (6) on or before September 1.
- This is a State of Georgia Law for school attendance.
What are the age requirements for attendance?
Students entering Kindergarten must be (5) years old on or before September 1. First Grade students must be (6) on or before September 1. This is a State of Georgia Law for school attendance.
How do I get started with the open application process?
- If after examining our mission statement, philosophy and instructional best practices, we invite you to complete an application on line at: www.dateacademy.org
- Click on LOTTEREASE. ***If there are no available spaces in the grade you are applying for, your child’s application will be submitted to our lottery selection process.
- Dates: Open Application will begin February 19, 2019– March 8, 2019. ***
How will I know if my child is on the lottery list?
An email will be sent to you of your child’s status. A number will be assigned to your application. Upon completion of the application process, this will be your number of indication: whether he/she has been placed on the waiting list or has been selected to attend D.A.T.E. for the upcoming school year.
Will my child’s changes increase if I submit more than one application?
No, all applicants will be placed in the same electronic drawing.
What if I have multiple children for consideration?
When you register one child, you have the option to add a sibling, at which time you can select the siblings grade level. The system will auto enter your child in the appropriate grade level lottery.
Can I view the lottery live?
Yes, you are welcome to attend the lottery on March 9, 2019 at 10:00am.
What happens once I am notified that my child(ren) has been granted an available seat?
All students ,who have been granted an available seat must confirm acceptance of the slot in 3 business day. If you do not confirm in the allotted time frame, the slot will be given to the next numeric position on the waiting list. After confirmation of the slot, you will be required to complete an enrollment packet online. The check list on our web site will ensure the submission of a completed packet. The additional document is listed on the check list. You will have (3) days to return these documents to the registrar, or the seat will be forfeited.
How long will my application be on file?
The application will be on file for one school year. You will be required to apply annually.